Powered by Blogger.

25.5.12

PHOTOSHOP RIP OFF: Volume 1

By CORY CARR
So, a short while back the film Absentia was released on DVD. I know this film from seeing it at the Eerie Horror Film Festival a few years back and was excited to hear that it was finally being released. After buying it at Walmart for $10.00 [which I suggest you do.], I got curious and wanted to know what some of my blogger brethren thought about the flick. It didn't take me long to find a review on Back on Line Back on Duty. Included with the review was a collection of 3 DVD covers, Absentia being one, that were very blatant Photoshop rip offs of the same stock photo. The other two were Roadkill and The Hillside Stranglings. See for yourself at Mr. Gable's Reality.


This, sadly, isn't anything new. In fact as more people become fluent in Photoshop, this is only going to get worse. The title card found above is a good example. That's a Nightmare on Elm Street 3 poster and the DVD cover of Zombi 3. Even some of the greats are willing to stoop this low, what a shame.

Well just the other day I payed my local movie rental a visit and what did my pretty little eyes find?


My pretty little eyes were dumbfounded! House of Fallen and Bat Shit Crazy look the same! Actually, I might not have noticed this if it weren't for the girl looking an awful lot like Kristen Stewart [The Runaways]. Now I know, if she were to star in an ACTUAL horror movie, I would have heard about it!

I'll be keeping my eyes open for more of these. It's kinda fun, like playing one of those Nudie Photo Hunt games at the bar. Or, umm, I mean, finding similar passages in the Bible. . . yeah. . .

READ OUR OTHER WRITTEN REVIEWS

Share:

4 comments:

Eric King said...

Insanity. Another recent one that I just saw wasn't an exact picture, but more of a straight ripoff.

http://www.freddyinspace.com/2012/05/i-dont-think-sams-gonna-like-this-very.html

BTW, thanks for the name drop!

SLAUGHTER FILM said...

I saw that! It's not even like they try to hide it either, lol. And about the name drop, no big deal, just giving credit where it's due. - Cory

Mr. Gable said...

hahaha that's awesome! And I actually do like these photoshop ripoffs. They're kinda like a Where's Waldo kinda thing. Or a Where's Buck Flower kinda thing. haha. And also, thank you for the name drop too! Great site here, by all means keep this ripoff thing going, love it!

SLAUGHTER FILM said...

UPDATE 06.01.12
The mystery behind the Absentia cover look alike has been cracked wide open by Freddy In Space. Read more here.
http://www.freddyinspace.com/2012/05/evil-woman-creeping-from-dark-latest.html