Powered by Blogger.

14.11.12

PODCAST 22: Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom & The Entity

This week Forest and Cory share their thought on the films Salo and The Entity, in a rather "rape-tastic" edition of Slaughter Film that is sure to shock and amaze.

Also, the guys ponder such ideas that have plagued mankind since the beginning of time. Such as, If you had all the power in the world, would you make everyone eat poop?, If one were to apply themselves, could they freeze a ghost?, and also What the fuck is a book?. All this and Cory celebrates the fact that he will soon be paying off his school loans with "fat ass beer"! Don't forget to check out the Giving Thanks, Thanksgiving Give-Away!

SHOW NOTES

SALO

★ ★ ★ ★ ½

ENTITY, THE

★ ★ ★ ½


An excerpt from the Sci-Fi Channel show Sightings, which reported the events that inspired The Entity.


Hell Comes to Frogtown

VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

Share:

2 comments:

Gex said...

You're reviewing Antichrist? Oh God. Oh Jesus Christ. That goddamn movie? Well, be sure to go all in and see the non-R version.

Man you guys are messed up. Laughing at rape in movies? What's more screwed up than is that you guys got me laughing too. Damnit.

You guys got me again, now I gotta go see Salo.

Matthew Stewart said...

Deep down I always wanted to see "Salo" just based on how infamous it is in the film community. Well, I did, and....yeah....that's pretty much all I got.

Anyway, a few comments; I have to say the kid jumping out of the truck on the way to the chateau was the smartest thing anyone did in the entire movie. I rather be shot than having to go through that shit. And it's crazy that the director, Pasolini, can make it through WW2, and ends up getting run over by a car, just a thought on that.

I also see "Salo" as a bit of a proto version of Hostel, and I can definitely see some influences that Eli Roth took to make his films.

Just a recommendation Forest, since you're on this "I'm going to make myself feel terrible" movie kick. I keep hearing things about "A Serbian Film." Here's a handy dandy link:

http://vimeo.com/43040685

Anyway, good job guys and keep up the good work.