Powered by Blogger.

20.3.13

PODCAST 39: Inland Empire & ATM

This week John went to Boston for a super secret Big Sushi gaming mission [PAX East], and as they say, when the cat is away the mice will play. Listen as Forest reviews, and offers some insight into, David Lynch's Inland Empire, while Cory covers an indie thriller from this past year, ATM.

The horror-duo also share their excitement for two upcoming remakes, Evil Dead and Maniac which will be hitting theaters and RedBox over the next few months.

SHOW NOTES

INLAND EMPIRE

★ ★ ★ ★ ½

ATM

★ ★ ★

VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

Share:

2 comments:

Matthew Stewart said...

Even though they are both remakes, I think Maniac and Evil Dead both have potential. There was a clip that came out late last year with the first few minutes of Maniac, I put the link below;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7VoszJIgoo&feature=player_embedded

When it comes to Evil Dead, I think the remake was a good idea. Upon watching the film now. it seems, dare I say, a little dated. While it's great in its own way, for that time period, a remake, if done correct and with proper odes to the original, might be able to surpass the original, "The Hills Have Eyes" being a prime example, which I believe you guys mentioned in your video review a while back.

When it comes to Lynch, I think there are a lot of "film critics" that look a little too much into his films. Sure, there is plenty of symbolism, but sometimes you just want to watch a film, like you would a painting in an art gallery and enjoy it for what it is; that being a piece of art. Lynch's later work, starting with "Lost Highway" were pretty much just fever dreams, but nonetheless, good ones.

Enjoyed this week's podcast though.

Marc said...

Oh no, a mention of Serbian Movie... now I'm depressed.

Sadly, I cannot enjoy the movies of David Lynch; as you said, they take you out of your comfort zone and just weird me out. I guess I just like a little narrative and cohesiveness in my movies.

Completely unrelated topic: have you ever done your MST3k/Rifftrax?