Powered by Blogger.

31.7.13

PODCAST 58: Jaws & The Conjuring

This week Forest reviews the film Jaws, kicking off his four part journey into the aquatic world that is the Jaws film series. Cory tackles the newly released James Wan supernatural thriller, The Conjuring. Though it is cliche at times, it still packs a hell of a punch.

The gang also contemplate reviewing killer doll movies, Child's Play and Puppet Master.

Also, keep an eye out for Slaughter Film Summer School. Reviews of documentaries about horror and exploitation will be posted once a week for the entire month of August.

SHOW NOTES

JAWS

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

THE CONJURING

★ ★ ★ ★

T-Shirt Bordello


Siskel & Ebert on Jaws.


Do You Believe? - An interview with Andrea Perron.

VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

3 comments:

Gex said...

Since you're reviewing Jaws 2, I have to say right now that it may not be considered as bad as 3 and 4, but I found that one to be the most annoying Jaws movie out of all of them. For a number of reasons, but the main one is because of that annoying bitch who screamed all the time and wouldn't shut the fuck up during the last 20 minutes of the movie. Why the hell couldn't Jaws eat her? Say what you will about Jaws 3 and 4, but at least she wasn't in it screaming her head off.

Speaking of movies that make you afraid of the water, I recently saw this freaky found footage movie called The Bay (no relation to Michael Bay). It's worth checking out.

I remember back when I was 7 years old, I saw a portion of that Jaws movie where you see the guy getting eaten from inside the shark's mouth underwater. I wanted to see the whole thing, so when me and my dad drove to Albertsons back in the day they when they still rented out VHS tapes. I walked into the place barefoot without any shoes, went to the VHS rental area, and saw Jaws, and asked to my dad to rent it for me, which he did. Little did I know that this was a different shark movie. The one I saw on TV was Jaws 3, and we ended up renting Jaws. Didn't know it at the time, but that was the better movie. It was a nice fun evening where the whole family sat down together to watch the movie, even if my mom gave my dad looks every now and then that basically said, "Should our children be watching this?"

Kenneth Serenyi said...

From what I can tell, I don't think "The Amityville Horror" family was the same as the one in "The Conjuring". Maybe you were thinking of a different movie?

Slaughter Film said...

Well "The Conjuring" was based on several of the Warren family investigations, Amityville being just one of them. But there are similarities between the Amityville film and The Conjuring. - Cory