Powered by Blogger.

14.8.13

PODCAST 60: Jaws 3 & American Mary

This week Forest continues his four part Jaws-a-thon with Jaws 3 and Cory takes on American Mary, a film that has gotten quite a bit of attention. Could it be kissing cousins? More like transplant twins.

Also keep an ear open for genital mutilation, exploding sea life and Ryan Gosling. Make sure to check out the IndieGoGo campaign for Naked Zombie Girl. What could be better than a Naked Zombie Girl.

SHOW NOTES

JAWS 3

★ ★

AMERICAN MARY

★ ★ ½

VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

Share:

3 comments:

Gex said...

In Jaws 3's defense, I thought it had the best/scariest looking shark out of all the movies.

In Jaws 4's defense, at least it didn't have that annoying screaming bitch from Jaws 2 who wouldn't shut up during the last 20 minutes of the movie.

I don't know about Spring Breakers, but I am one of those people who enjoyed the Transformers movies. Why? Because I can enjoy the action scenes, and consider the storylines decent enough.

Matthew Stewart said...

As far as Spring Breakers goes, I enjoyed it more for the cinematography and James Franco. However, after getting out of the theater I felt like I needed a shower, but it think that is what Harmony Korine movies make you want to do after you're done watching them.

As far as body mod movies go, would you say "American Mary" dethrones "Strangeland?" I mean, that's not saying a lot of course. And if you guys want to check out an interesting, but graphic, body mod documentary, check out "Modify." It's not half bad.

Slaughter Film said...

@Gex: Yeah, we're pretty hard on the Transformers movies. They're just easy to bitch about. Example; the Grandpa-Robot form Transformers 2, whats the deal with that?!

@Matthew Stewart: American Mary wins. I like Strangeland, but American Mary does a better job showcasing Bod-Mod culture. I should re-watch Strangeland sometime soon.

- Cory