Powered by Blogger.

18.9.13

PODCAST 65: Dinosaur Island & I Bury the Living

This week Forests takes a trip to a time when women wore very little and dinosaurs walked the earth with Dinosaur Island and Cory shares his thoughts in a very Twilight Zone-like thriller, I Bury the Living.

The gang also chat about how Netflix almost ruined the most recent Netflix Movie Night by removing the entire Friday the 13th franchise from their streaming roster on, or near, Friday the 13th itself. ASSHOLES! But when all else fails, stream the movie online from some "very reputable and probably 'legal'" third party website. Right?

SHOW NOTES

DINOSAUR ISLAND

★ ★

I BURY THE LIVING

★ ★ ★ ½

Dinosaur Island by Boris




VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

Share:

3 comments:

Gex said...

Dinosaur Island. I actually "tried" to watch that movie long before this review, and I couldn't do it. It was too terrible. At first I thought I was in for a so-bad-it's-good movie, and I was hopeful for the first 10-15 minutes, especially with the Carnosaur stock footage. But then I realized the movie was sort of self-aware at how bad it is, and it's less hit and more miss with the funny stuff. Funny stuff included the soldiers pointing guns at each other ala Plan 9, the look of the dinosaur that ate the first soldier, and a couple other bits, all in the first 15 minutes of the movie. But there's not enough laughable stuff to keep me watching it.

And I know this is a dumb question to ask for a movie like this, but how the hell do these women even exist on this island with no men around? Did they get dropped there along with dinosaurs as an alien or government experiment (a sadistic perverted experiment)?

Jon, I have a martial arts movie recommendation for you, though you've probably seen it before. Enter the Ninja. Now that's a so-bad-it's-good movie.

Netflix movie recommendation. I can recommend 2: Starchrash, and Deathstalker.

Lee said...

If you guys do decided to get more into Martial Arts films, especially for a movie night, the "Street Fighter" series, starring Sonny Chiba is a good one. Both awesome, brutal, and weird at the same time. "Infernal Street" is also a great bad Martial Arts film as it's full of racism against the Japanese (a main Japanese villain sports a Hitler mustache)...a typical trait of many Korean and Chinese MA films from the 60s and 70s. Or how about some Martial Arts/Blaxsploitation cross-overs like "TNT Jackson", "Black Fist", or the so-bad-it's-fucking-good "The Guy from Harlem".

Kenneth Serenyi said...

How about a viewing of the Poltergeist films? The first especially is hugely influential even today. A movie I saw recently that freaked me out as a kid (I know, an older subject) was Gamera vs. Guiron. It features some Cannibal space chicks trying to eat some kids' brains and Gamera getting sawed in half.