Powered by Blogger.

30.4.14

PODCAST 97: Under the Skin & Oculus [The Scottish Connection]

This week Forest & Cory pay the cineplex a visit to view & review a pair of recent releases. Forest shares his thoughts on the Scarlett Johansson, sci-fi flick Under the Skin, while Cory learns what it would be like to go crazy, not being able to trust the things you know to be real, with Oculus. Be on the look out for spoilers folks.

OCULUS SPOILERS: 47:00 - 49:32

The gang also discuss the second annual Eerie UFO Convention held by MUFON Pa, Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac, the Terminator reboot, King Kong box sets & soon the gang will be seeing The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Cedar Lee Theater. All this and is Jesus nothing more than a cybernetic android sent from the future to save your soul?

SHOW NOTES

UNDER THE SKIN

★ ★ ★ ★

OCULUS

★ ★ ★ ½


The making of Under the Skin.

VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

Share:

1 comments:

Gex said...

First of all, goddamnit you guys. It's hard enough for me trying to resist and avoid the latest Godzilla trailers, and here you are advertising it. Don't you guys want to try and be surprised? I'm already pissed that I know that there's at least one other monster in the movie, and that's as far as I want spoilers to go for me.

Speaking of Godzilla, I finished up my Heisei Series review on Letterboxd, and made a list of the films and my reviews, if you're interested.
http://www.letterboxd.com/gex/list/godzilla-heisei-series/detail/

By the way, if you're searching for a film for Netflix Movie Night, boy have I found one for you. Do you like 80s wrestling? Do you like over the top acting? Do you like ridiculous plots? Then you've gotta see No Holds Barred. That movie is fucking amazing. When Hulk Hogan is the main protagonist and acts as over the top as possible, and the villains outdo his over-the-topness, you know you're in for something special. You'll know in the first 10 minutes exactly what I'm talking about.