Powered by Blogger.

22.10.14

PODCAST 122: Man's Best Friend & Project: Metalbeast [Leg Humper Edition]


This week Forest & Cory travel thru time to share their thoughts on a pair of K9 related films. Forest reviews Man's Best Friend featuring Lance Henrikson. Cory takes things in the direction of dumb with Project: Metalbeast.

The Horror Duo also share their excitement for Katy Perry's plan to preform during this years Super Bowl, Forest hates "the most immature men" and the reporting of newsworthy Tweets and Cory also mentions, off-handidly, his plans to create a horror themed "radio drama". The guys also ask the hard to answer question; "Where have all the cartoons gone?."

SHOW NOTES

MAN'S BEST FRIEND

★ ★ ½

PROJECT: METALBEAST

★ ½


VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

Share:

4 comments:

Lee Russell said...

Okay, wait, so there's NO cyborg dog in Man's Best Friend? That's actually why I always avoided it back in the day when rental stores still existed. Never been a fan of b-level cyborg monster films. I must plead with you guys to not start up another podcast where all you do is drink. It's bad enough that your movie podcast is awesome, I don't need that level of competition in an area I've established myself in: internet drunk. Kidding of course, I'd look forward to Slaughter Drink!

Matt from MN said...

Old time scary radio is the best. I encourage you to check out Nightfall's "All Nighter", Suspense's "House in Cypress Canyon" and Quiet Please's "Thing on the Fourble Board."

Of course I'm going to re-post my enthusiastic recommendation for LADY TERMINATOR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9GCcjrJGSY

Gex said...

You know, there is an actual cyborg dog movie. I don't remember it being that great, but it does have one of the most hilarious moments I have ever seen in a film. It's called Rottweiler. Here's the moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSfvcbCeHw

Come on Forest, you didn't mention the scene where the parrot gets it. I felt terrible for laughing at that part.

Oh yeah, and John Wick is awesome. It's one of the best action movies I've seen since The Raid and Dredd.

Gex said...

Matt from MN, you're not kidding. I just got done watching Lady Terminator, and that movie is fucking amazing. One of the most hilarious so-bad-it's-good films I've seen. You know what Slaughterfilm, you can wait on Freerunner, especially since it's currently not on Netflix (but it is here: http://stagevu.com/search?x=0&y=0&for=freerunner&in=Videos). Watch Lady Terminator instead, especially drunk (like what I've been doing the last hour and a half). It has so many lines of memorable dialogue you wouldn't believe. I just reviewed it on letterboxd. Not sure if I can recommend my review though, I typed the review while I watched it, and while I drank. There shouldn't be any typos, but it's an overlong review from what I can tell.