PODCAST 248: SPAWN & THE CROW  


Powered by Blogger.

26.11.14

PODCAST 127: The Langoliers & Maximum Overdrive [The King is Dead Edition]


King Month comes to a close as Forest & Cory discuss a pair of lesser King adaptations. Forest takes on the made for television The Langoliers, about lack luster time eaters and Cory revisits Maximum Overdrive.

The Horror Duo also cover Dumb & Dumber To, Sting and women kissing at Survivor Series and "Don't be rapein' Cosby". All this and TITTIES rock! Everybody loves titties right?!

SHOW NOTES

THE LANGOLIERS

★ ★

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

★ ½






VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

1 comments:

Gex said...

I had an amazing experience with that movie Interstellar. After the movie ended, as I was walking out of the theater room with the crowd, it suddenly dawned on me that I was the only person in that showing who wasn't an elderly. I swear to God I'm not making that up.

My favorite Noir film is Angel Heart, but I started watching a bunch of Noir films during November because, well, a letterboxd event. The other great ones I can think of off the top of my head are The Maltese Falcon and Man Hunt.


Have you guys ever seen the type of English dubbed anime where, after watching it for several minutes, you realize that there is no possible way that it could be an accurate translation of the original Japanese dialogue? I found an anime that does this to the extreme and the results are unbelievably hilarious. It's like what would happen Team 4 Star were hired to do an official English dub translation of an anime, that's how unreal it is. The anime is Ghost Stories.

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about. There's a scene in episode 1 where a ghost flies by and scares a teenage sister and her younger brother, so she runs down a hallway and says this in a rapid frantic manner:
There's nothing to be afraid of Kachiro. Monsters only get evil people like Republicans and we're not old enough to vote.

It gets even more hilarious if you know just how much they altered the characters from their Japanese counterparts, and how the English dub turned out this way. You can see the episode here:
Ghost Stories Episode 1