Powered by Blogger.

31.12.14

PODCAST 132: Terror Train & End of Days [New Year's Eve Edition]


This week the Horror Duo celebrate the coming of the new year. Out with the old and in with 2015. Forest shares his thoughts on Terror Train, an early slasher that takes place on New Year's Eve. And Cory covers the apocalyptic End of Days, also taking place on New Year's Eve.

The Duo also chat about what would they would do if they ever won the lottery. It might surprise you how low their aspirations really are.

SHOW NOTES

TERROR TRAIN

★ ★

END OF DAYS

★ ★


VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

5 comments:

Gex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gex said...

I like End of Days more than I should. Arnold makes that film memorable with his acting, lines, and yells and grunts. Not just the choir boy line, but also what he says when he encounters the 2 possessed cops as they start pointing guns at him.
"Whoah hey, easy wi' da hahdware."

Plus the scene where an old lady beats him up.

Because he's so entertaining and made this film memorable, I thought he was perfect for the film.

Matthew Stewart said...

Hey Guys, Happy New Year. It's funny to me how much Terror Train is just like Slaughter High, only I think Slaughter High had all the symptoms of the classic 80's slasher film. Would love to hear your thoughts on that one eventually. The most memorable thing to me about Terror Train was the old VHS cover with the guy in the conductor suit with the Groucho Marx mask and the knife, that gave me nightmares for weeks.

Anyway, great show as always.

Matt from MN said...

Test

Matt from MN said...

Great show, and happy 2015. I've been a post apocalypse genre fan for a long time. It started back in 1999, when I saw the 1981 Nostradamus "documentary" The Man Who Saw Tomorrow, hosted by Orson Welles. After that, I realized late 90's pop culture was being flooded with media referencing the Millennium and other weirdness: Armageddon, Deep Impact, Coast to Coast AM, the X Files, the Fallout games and many more I've probably forgotten. I remember being disappointed that Y2K didn't happen, because the 18 year old me now had to try and be an adult. I'm still working on that. For great B-movie examples of the genre, I recommend DEFCON 4 and Damnation Alley.