Powered by Blogger.

12.10.16

PODCAST 225: Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein & Frankenstein Unbound


This week the Horror Duo leave behind Universal Studio's Dracula and move onward and upward to the Mary Shelly adapted Frankenstein - celebrating the films 85th anniversary and the books bicentennial. Forest begins by sharing his thoughts on both Frankenstein & The Bride of Frankenstein, which is followed by Cory discussing Roger Corman's Frankenstein Unbound.

Forest also chats about attending a screening of Brian De Palma's Blow Out, Cory wonders what is left for Resident Evil: The Final Chapter to explore, and the question gets asked; "Is Godzilla re-make proof?". All this and unforeseen lasers!

TIME CODE

  • 00:00 Intro & News
  • 21:51 "Frankenstein"
  • 31:53 "The Bride of Frankenstein"
  • 52:07 Know Your Horror Trivia
  • 53:20 "Frankenstein Unbound"
  • 76:45 Comments & Conclusion

SHOW NOTES

FRANKENSTEIN

★ ★ ★ ★ ½

THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

FRANKENSTEIN UNBOUND

★ ★ ★
FILM TRAILER FILM INFO PURCHASE

T-Shirt Bordello's Obey Clinton Tee
SUPPORT THE SHOW

VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

2 comments:

Anomalous Host said...

Nice review of the Frankenstein movies (though I haven't seen Unbound). By the way, I saw Godzilla Resurgence, aka Shin Godzilla (why the hell they would change the title for America I have no idea). I made a review of it on my website, where I give justification for calling Godzilla a fuckface.

As for Halloween, Forest can be a rapey Evil Dead Tree, Cory can be a Christine car. And if it makes you feel better Cory, you can put a giant dildo on the hood of the car like they did in Idiocracy.

Blake Matthews said...

I was wondering what Frankenstein movie Cory would review: I was guessing Mary Shelly's Frankenstein or that recente one with Harry Potter. I wasn't surprised that he went with Frankenstein Unbound, since he mentioned reviewing it in episode 179. I'm sure the Mummy and Wolf Man are shoe-ins, but as October has five weekends, I wonder what the fifth will be...The Invisible Man or The Creature from the Black Lagoon.